Monday, December 20, 2010

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT.....a little something I can't live without!

So this last year a dear friend of mine gave me some homemade laundry soap. and I fell in love with it. It took the red dirt out of my clothes, plus it costs me about $2.00 for a 5 gallon bucket which is roughly 400 LOADS. It is so easy to make and I LOVE the smell of it.
It does not sud a lot but remember that it is not the suds
that get your clothes clean it is the product you use.
So this year for neighbor gifts I made a small laundry soap for a few neighbor's. and I am making Granola to go with it. I think everyone I know is searching for a way to save money while things are tight. I want to share this recipe with you so enjoy....

These are the 3 GREAT products you use.

Here is the recipe give it a try...

LAUNDRY DETERGENT

4 C. HOT TAP WATER
1 BAR OF FELS NAPTHA
1 C. ARM & HAMMER LAUNDRY SODA
1/2 C. BORAX
Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with the water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted. Fill 5 gallon bucket half full of very hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per two gallons, add once soap has cooled. Top loading machine: 5/8 c. per load Front loading machine: 1/4 c. per load Makes approx. 400 loads

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to do this! Sounds great, does it affect your kids skin issues? I worry that all mine would break out! AND YOU ARE PREGNANT??? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!! I am so stinkin excited for you guys! Great news!! Congrats.