Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kailee Goes to the ER!!!

Kailee had her first and I hope last major trip to the ER today. It took up my entire afternoon. We were at our friend’s house and she wanted gum so I told her to go get some out in the car. Simple enough right...... WRONG, next thing I know she is screaming and there is blood everywhere in my van. And the end of her toe is just kind of hanging there. I have done stitches with the boys but never have I seen something so GROSS!!
I drove to INSTA CARE with her on my lap so I could hold the end of her big toe on. They said to go to the ER so they could put her to sleep while they repaired her toe. So I did, they were all so kind. Dr. Martin said they could just glue it since there was still enough skin still attached and because I had put it back in place. So they gave her Tylenol with codeine and bandaged it up. Poor girl can walk a little but she has no shoes that will fit over it. She wants a bath and can’t get it wet and she should be carried so she does not get and infection in it. I never want to do that again.
I want to thank all the staff at the ER they were GREAT and Kailee was not as scared as I thought she might. Carl the other DR gave her a ride to the car in a wheel chair and she thought that was great and she got Ice cream. We will see how the next couple of days go.I think the hardest part about being a mom is watching your kid in pain and knowing you can't do any thing.

3 comments:

katie said...

I still think you should have taken a picture. Tell Kailee we hope she gets feeling better. xoxox

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Oh scary I am sorry that would be so scary. What a brave girl. Send a picture so we can see the toe.

April said...

I was not thinking "Oh I should go grab the camera", I was tinking this is gross lets get her help. Sorry there are no pictures.